Sunday, February 3, 2013

Neighborhood Construction Zone

While out for a walk, MEK and I passed an interesting construction zone.  An enterprising boy has been working the section between the sidewalk and street on and off for the last several months.  This brought back happy memories from when I did a massive excavation in the same zone on a summer break day in the 1970s.  The difference is that my onetime effort was not sanctioned and brought forth fairly robust negative feedback from my parental units (i.e. "the belt").

I'm not sure what is up with the automotive scrap yard in the foreground.  On the other hand, my brother and I destroyed many Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars playing demolition derby.

In all honesty, the perpetual construction zone is a little tacky and I am glad not to live next door.  However, I can admire the energy of youth from a distance.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Dang. My blog was hit by Spam comments. Comment moderation has been turned on for some time yet to be determined.