Saturday, August 11, 2012

Ephemeral Chicago Circa 1942


Keylime has a a NOS Silk-Spun brand silk ribbon and is now a crisp and happy camper.


I'm sorry to have missed the era of streamlined trains.

Today, the trains may look newer, but there is little difference in the appearance of the Lake and Wells line crossing.

Two of my favorite buildings:  The Wrigley and the Tribune.  The Wrigley features white terra cotta tile.

Deco style doesn't get much better than this.  So optimistic!
Back cover.  Chicago has pretty much anything a tourist could possibly want.

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic booklet. It reminds me a lot of my ICO's user's manual, just from the fonts and looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great piece of ephemera.

    My wife and I were in Chicago last week and the city is looking beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Dang. My blog was hit by Spam comments. Comment moderation has been turned on for some time yet to be determined.